Who we are
We are a non-profit group dedicated to community improvement through volunteer service. The purpose of the ROWC when it was founded in 1902:
• Help extend the blessings of homes into community life.
• Open wide the doors of opportunity for women.
• Ensure a sound body for every child.
• Eliminate illiteracy while promoting general happiness and prosperity.
Today in the 21st Century, we continue to try to live up to those ideals by:
• promoting good citizenship,
• supporting education, and
• promoting and participating in Civic activities.
The aim of ROWC is:
- Help extend the blessings of homes into community life.
- Open wide the doors of opportunity for women.
- Ensure a sound body for every child.
- Eliminate illiteracy.
- Promote general happiness and prosperity
- Make human life safe.
Holding worthy of loyalty my membership in the Royal Oak Woman’s Club, I will sustain its good work and guard its reputation.
What a Woman’s Club should be...
- A place where kindly thought is cherished,
- Where high ideals are fed and nourished,
- Where charity in all its beauty
- Is felt to be a sacred duty
- Where peace and harmony abound
- And members meet on common ground.
The Royal Oak Woman’s Club means so many different things to its members. It’s a way to give back to the community or to engage in the community, and for others it’s the priceless bonds of friendships that have spanned decades. As a group, we come together to support the community and each other. We are the many faces of Royal Oak.
The ROWC is not just a building. Today, it’s a group of over 120 remarkable women who continue to make a difference through volunteering and friendship. We hope you will support us as we continue our legacy of good will, good friendship and good works!
Become a Member
Make new friends, develop leadership skills, utilize your talents to their fullest, increase your knowledge, or assist in community improvement.